How good designs give value to architectural floor plan?
What do I mean by good value? Simply put you may spend millions of dollars to your new dream house but no one will pay the same for it. It was money wasted for your own pleasure that gave no value to architectural floor plan.
Let say your house was valued at USD200,000 and you renovated your house with a renovation cost of USD 100,000. The total value of your house should be USD300,000.Now if I put the newly renovated house is pit out for sale . If you found buyers for more than USD300, 000, then you have added value to the house .Got it? If you got a buyer for less than USD300, 000, it may seem that you did not study the market forces sufficiently before you started to design the architectural plans, Therefore it is absolutely necessary to engage an Architect to do up a design that provides value to your newly designed home.
So when designing your new architectural floor plan, you need to enhance value to architectural floor plan. This is how you do it by providing spaces that contributes to value is:
- Kitchen appropriate for the region( not too costly )
- Master suites and Bathroom( appropriately sized up)
- Deck( to view in to the garden after lunch or dinner)
- Swimming pool( choose the suitable type of pool)
- Fireplace( the type should be suited for the overall architectural style)
- Lawn and landscape( well landscaped to enhance the views from the dinning, kitchen, living, mastered), in recent times it trees may provides shading form the summer sun and in the tropics shading the building to create and induce micro climates.The trees may be used to divert the harsh winter winds and resulting in increasing the heating load of the electrical power consumption.
- Net Zero Energy Buildings features in will have a positive value as you do not pay the monthly electric bills
- Green Buildings increases the value of the property by 10-15% m the experience in Singapore to Green the City was a positive experience not only the city but each individual property faced an increase of value to architectural floor plan buildings.
Now if you had the above done and don’t see any value added what could have gone wrong: In this instance there are 2 possibilities could have happened:
- Possibility 1 -you over spent on the renovation and market ( the buyers) does not appreciate what you have done. The Buyer did not value what you have valued as important. You got to know the market (what the buyers want) wants before designing the building.
- Possibility 2 – you made an error in design .Your design is just lousy. It is horrible an has no architectural aesthetic sense. In some countries builders tends to do design that turns out to be obnoxiously ugly, this is where you need to appoint an Architect to do so, if you need help call us at http://www.sda-architect.com
To avoid costly mistakes ,look around and see what type of kitchen, master suite, deck, swimming pools, and fireplace, lawn and landscaping features and design that every one is looking out for. Check this out in the immediate neighborhood.This does not means that you are not creative by copying but rather working out a house design that enhances value which is centered around your needs.
The design when completely built, your passer on visitors should be giving you the”wow”-The wow factor is an indicator. of their jaws need to wide open, you know your design is done well. Checkout at web site for some great designs styles with great value at http://www.sda-architect.com
Prepared by: http://www.sda-architect.com