How to design kitchen
Here are the steps on How to design kitchen, wonderfully without hassle, but do contact our architect should you stumble into difficulty.
Step 1: Firstly you have to make decision on aspects of kitchen before designing a kitchen, which one of these you would like to have in your kitchen: if it was a:
- Modern or old traditional kitchens.
- If you choose traditional- do you want a Rustic or ethnic kitchen
- Visible kitchen for show or Functional kitchen for cooking
- List of cooking Equipment you want in the kitchen
- Materials you would like in kitchen
- Color theme you would like-white shades, brown shades or a dash of brilliant colors
Step 2: Have a plan of your kitchen, overlay over a grid paper for easy references.
Step 3: Make a template of your kitchen equipment that you decided on step 1
Step 3: Place all the templates of the kitchen on the plan.
Step 4: Are you lost with ideas of the layout? Move on to step 5
Step 5: The 3 main kitchen fitting and equipment are: Sink(S), Fridge (F) and Stove (St), most of the architectural floor plans will have the abbreviations for these 3 equipment s as I have shown you. These are suggestions by the Architect or designer.They are usually place in a linear way or in a triangle relations ship. See diagram below
Step 6: Have you got that done, choose either on e of the layouts, if you have extra fridges than you may want to locate them as you wish.
Step 7: Now you have the basic kitchen layout. You need to ask, about:
- what about the window, and views from the kitchen, are you getting the picture
- what about the mud room relationship with the Fridge.
- What about preparation area for food for prior to cooking.
- Top cabinets and bottom cabinets
- Do I need a pantry for storage of spices? Is a separate pantry room or can I make do with the cabinets in the kitchen.
- Other kitchen equipment s such as microwave, bread maker, rice cooker, toaster,
- Is there any special kitchen fittings that you may need.
- A great cook needs a lot of space for storage of grinder, juice squeezers, etc Plan for these in your new floor plan before it is too late.Do I need a breakfast corner for morning rushes or for a good chatting moment at the kitchen?
- Asian cooking-use of oil in the kitchen needs a little extractor to extract the oil in the air. Otherwise you may have a thick layer o wax in your kitchen and dinning area.
Step 8.What materials do I want to use on my kitchen.( this will be done in other articles, for great house floor plans check at http://www.sda-architect.com/
*1, pg 51…”Country Living easy Transformations Kitchen” by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney
*2pg 51”Great American Kitchen collection “ by Meredith Corporation