How to use House Architecture in designing your dream house plans
An Architect is one who designs your house but an Architect unless he has a great burning passion and a great love for his work and the people he designs for, can he realize the house into a home. This creation of a home from with love is refereed to as house architecture. The house architecture constitutes of the following aspects of architectural design
- A) Styles
The architectural house style adopted today have a storey to tell of the past. It tells the evolution of styles with time due to changes in our society such as development of new material and sciences of construction for instance:
- The architectural house style available for selection are of the
- French styles,
- Log homes,
- green architecture
- In choosing a style you may want to choose from the past as they were and modernize the styles and layouts, to suite the availability of material and skilled craftsman that may have long lost.
- The houses of the Founding Fathers in the America had water-wells outside the home. The slaves will fetch water from the well for them to take cold showers.*1
- Any attempt to recreate the buildings of the past may be skilled labor cost prohibitive. For instances the windows of building of the past are highly ornamented but present day houses are simplified to a great degree.
- Today’s design is less simplified during the industrial revolution which warranted mass productions. New motto “Less is more” to describe his aesthetic tactic of arranging the numerous necessary components of a …”by Architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe. As such houses are designed with less pediments and ornaments on the facades of building as they did in the past.
- Buildings today are built with a purpose, rather than to copy fully from the standard building of the past
- A good layout is one that best suites your lifestyle and what you can afford.
- If you love the river views, than design your architectural house styles to optimize the views from the Living, Master suite, etc.
- If you love the summer heat provide a patio, balcony or terrace to sun bathing.
- If you love to party outside have a great BBQ set with a large indoor and out door dinning space.
The house layout is best described by your love for life and your taste.
- C) Comfort for house architecture
- Home and the Cottage –two words most suggestive of comfort in the English language…
- Comfort is not relative and fleeting. Homes, well designed can be comfortable and removal of stressing with the sound of birds, the water fall, the ruffles of the winds should be employed to distress the stressed mind.
- Design your dream house for comfort, read on..
- D) Landscape for house architecture
- The landscape well done, weathers comfort and even a sense of comfort to the eyes.
- As Andrew Jackson Downing, a cottage prominent American architect said. “… no architectural decoration however beautiful or costly can give the same charm of truthful decoration to a cottage as flowering vines and creepers…vine on a rural cottage always express domesticity and of the heart”.
- It reduces the perceived scale of the house, it reduces the heighten effect to a comfortable on.*3
- smart landscaping reduces energy consumption in homes and buildings.
In choosing a house plan choose well with the above consideration, you may want to check out – by http://www.sda-architect.com/
Check our some great house architectures we have created within our web site at: log house floor plans, cottage house floor plans, Modern house plans, Malay house floor plan, log house floor plans, etc…
*1 pg. 20 ,”Houses of the Founding Fathers “ by Hugh Howard and Roger Straus III
*2 Willian H Rantett( writing in The Architect “, 1851)
*3 pg. 228 “The New Cottage homes “by Jim Tolpin”
Prepared by Net Zero Architect Perumal Nagapushnam