What is a Beach House?
- Beach House that near the sea.
- Beach House is built on a beach, lakefront, coastal area or any land with water views.
- Beach House Is use as a vacation or second house for people who commute to house on weekend or during vacation periods
- Beach House Is also named as Coastal Houses or Waterfront House
- Beach House are range in style from Traditional House Plans to Modern House Plans
- Beach House are all about summer and warm weather living
7 Features of Beach House
Designed for shoreline living with the main living areas typically raised one level above the ground to accommodate rising tides and prevent flooding. This is achieved by building on a pier foundation (or pilings).
- The parking area is located beneath the home and made possible by the pier
- Features Large windows in the Beach Floor plans are strategically placed to give the breath of the grand views of the shoreline or coastal views
- Beach Floor plans with large decks ,porches for functions such as out door living such as to soak up under the sun and listen to sounds of coastal waves beating.
- An open floor plan allow gentle sea breezes to cross ventilate flow through the home.
- The elements of the homes is specialised in materials and construction methods to cater for the marine or coastal environments.
- Floor plans style offering everything from a simple beach vacation bungalow to a luxurious oceanfront home.
TYPES OF THE BEACH HOUSE
There are 3 types of the Beach House:
- StiltBeach Houses , Pier Beach Houses and Platform Beach Houses
- Weatherproofed Year-Round Beach Houses
- Luxury Beach Houses
Stilt Beach House, Pier Beach House and Platform Beach House
- Structuressuch as stilts, piers foundations or columns arebuilt , to allow siting on a steeply sloping terrain next the water
- These structures alsoprotect the beach house from large waves and high tides.
- Beach housesare raised at least 8 to 15 feet above the lowest land level. The higher the level that is raised above the lower levels the stronger the piers foundations to support the beach house.
- These bases also serve to anchor houses to the underlying ground during harsh winter storms with high winds.
- Steel I-beams, concrete columns or pillars and timber piles, posts and framesmay be appropriate for the construction of a beach house floor plan.
2.Weatherproofed Year-Round Beach Houses
- Constructed with withstand a variety of hazards, including falling trees, high winds and floods.
- These types of beach houses are seen in the barns of farms in New England.
- Structures built in this manner survive events such as earthquakes and a heavy build up of snow that weighs down the roof as they are constructed from large, heavy wooden beams
- Octagonal house with a low roof
- This design withstands high winds easily
- The force is directed down onto the roof and around the sides of the house.
- Strong softwoods, such as yellow pine, are preferred over hardwoods because softwoods under stress bend slightly, rather than break.
- Storm windows with high-impact safety glass
3. Luxury Beach Houses
- With as many bedrooms
- Features like swimming pools, guest houses and extensive gardens for large families.
- These types of larger beach houses require larger plots of land
Style of Beach House
Why do people love beach houses, is it being near water that attracts them to the beaches? Is it primarily due to fact that people love the outdoors where activities such as swimming, kayaking, canoeing, sailing, and it’s a perfect place to read next to.people also want to live as close to the beach as possible.
Written by Carmel Ho Kar Wei