What is House Architecture?
House Architecture is the spaces within our houses, in which we live in. This is architecture.
Some define architecture as ” Architecture is “, others define it as “Architecture is Frozen music ”
There is some truth in this in a broad sense but in a practical sense it is limited only to the shell and the simple relationship that it creates within and around. It is not everything.. as to say “ Architecture is”, because it is encompasses all sciences, psychological happenings and hence it is not “IS”.
Traditionally Architecture of the house design is derived from the Architecture of the Temples, Cathedrals, churches, and places of worship.
As King Solomon built a House for the Lord (Temples), he like wise built a house for him self in a similar manner of the simpler version.
Our houses in almost every culture derived it shapes and form from our places of worship. The house was a type of place of worship deity.
House Architectural design is the placing of the Living room, Dining, Kitchen, Bedroom, Study, Library, Music room, Visitors, Baths and Garage in good space that make it beautiful and which gives :
” Comfortable, Functions to what we do.
” Durability with time
” Reasonable Cost to the house.
If any of these are not found in your Architectural designs, it may because of a deliberate omission. As to achieve all, may be difficult and some times impossible. For instance the most beautiful building may have terrible structural design and incurring a high unreasonable cost.
So a good Architectural designs -is all about balancing one for the other.How to make a design a wonderful house floor plans with great architectural designs?There are many concepts in house plan design (nothing to do with styles) such as:
- The Traditional Layout, which for today needs are obsolete, but these layouts are remodeled with modern utilities, such as the layouts of house of the Founding Fathers remodeled.
- Courtyard Layout such as Courtyard centered layout. Where all views and vistas in the house plan is centered on the courtyard. see link for samples of courtyard design: http://www.sda-architect.com
This is rather pleasant in respect of views of the courtyard, which could be a feature of greenery, garden, breeze way, corridors, patios and of course which can calms the stressed mind, even contributes to fresh supply of oxygen leading to healthier residents.
layout House Architecture
- Compact Layouts
Cozy tight spaces for small houses, especially in Cottage, Log houses, Vacation Houses and Beach house where the ambiance of a cottage is necessary, for no pretense of grandeur. see link for samples of compact design http://www.sda-architect.com/
Where on parking his car in the Garage, one walks through footpath along the garden to the kitchen and the kitchen views towards the garden with features such as swimming pools. There may be even waiter falls, a naturally running stream or specially designed garden. The rest of the rooms are rather conventionally designed. See samples design of this layout in http://www.sda-architect.com/
- Apartment’s layout is rather confined to a small space. Where the layout are packed to the minimal and the best of the design comes out of creative use of little spaces, nook and corners. The best of the apartment in the great view overlooking the hill and the cityscape and the common spaces such as open garden where you could go down to relax.
- Open Layouts, where Living, Dinning and Kitchen are simply in one big space.
- This give flexibility to function such as party, there is sufficient space for big gatherings,
- Flexibility of space for other use
- Overnight room space for sleeping over for large families
- Play area for children within the house, instead of being cooped in.
- Conventional Layout
Conventional Layout is where the entry is made at the Hall by visitors, whose visit is kept barred within the Living room, and formal dinning.
- The owner makes a Garage entry via the mud room into to the kitchen.
- Groceries can be unloaded direct in to the kitchen fridge from the garage after shopping.
- Kitchen, Living and Dining are placed together for convenient movements that take place among them.
- Bed room all clustered together for privacy and convenience
Prepared by Net Zero Energy Architect Perumal Nagapushnam