How to design bath?
In designing floor plan for houses, bath rooms are the places of mediation and comfort even at the times of troubles and trials. The baths design should endeavor to create a peaceful ambiance for contemplation. And to settle the troubled mind, should there be one.These are the steps to design baths .
Step 1 to design bath for my new architectural floor plans
Get a plan of your Bath.
Check the room sizes .Is it ,big enough to for the ambiance you are creating. For a master suite the size should be 8’x10’ or above. Any lesser dimension like 5’ x 7’will make the architectural design look small .Good luxurious sizes of toilet may be as big as the master bed room -perhaps anything bigger that 14 ‘ft x 16 ft Get a grid paper over it and start planning your bath design.
Step 2 to design bath for my new architectural floor plans
Decide what you would like to place in the bath
What would you like to have a in a bath for fittings:
- shower cubicle,
- bath tub,
- spa pool,
- water closet,
- hand basin,
- mirror, plants, and
- all accessories and artifacts
Step 3 to design bath for my new architectural floor plans
Now you have made up your mind, make a template of these fittings, start placing them around to get a feel for the space. If you feel the space a little squeezed up, get the Architect to correct the architectural design .Most Architects would have no clue as to your needs and wants. This is the time to be explicit with the architect. Select compatile warm earthy colored tiles or stones finishes for baths.
Step 4 to design bath for my new architectural floor plans
Some tips for designing the layout.
- Design for great visual of toilet fittings as you make your entry from the bath door. Toilet fitting look good .The fitting against the backdrop of tiles will make the bath look wonderful
- Good ventilation is essential. How much time, have we noticed that after we have taken a hot shower and the bath mirror is full of vapor condensation moist? Is that not irritating!
- Have sufficient hooks for clothes change when going to bath etc.
- Makes sure the bath is spacious for comfort.
- Light color fitting match with wonderful elegance with light colored tiles. White fitting against dark colored tiles make a great combination.
- Don’t forget the shaver point for men, soiled cloth baskets and waste disposal for waste to be included into the bath design.
- Good lightnings will make the bath wonderful, wall lights will make it radiant
- Additional features like view to the garden, or a small garden in the toilet or plant decoration will be a great pleasantry in bath designs. This will enhance values of your new architectural floor plan designs.
- Curtains will be great idea to make Bath design have a cozy look.
- Use files with great colors,tiles with textures
- Design for greenery in the toilet as the green helps to de-stresses the minds and recovery of the soul
- A good looking Mirror and with a marble table tops with glass to support toiletries may be pleasant.
- Hide all stop cock, and taps behind flower vase or curtains or placed inside cabinets.
- Lastly use proper floor finishes or else it will be slippery when wet.
Step 5 to design bath for my new architectural floor plan
In designing a toilet, you are check with NBKA, National Bath and Kitchen Association, for guide lines of bath room designs in the US. for the codes that it should be in compliance with the recommendations.For those living outside of the US, you are required to check with your local authorities that regulate the toilet designs requirements.
Check out our great House Floor plans design …they the best in the world wide websites
*1 pg.165…”The new smart approach to bath design “.Creative Homeowner by Susan Maney
*2 pg.116…”The new smart approach to bath design “.Creative Homeowner by Susan Maney