6 Things you need to know on How to Choose Paint Colors for your house floor plans
There are 4 simple but Golden rules that you need to follow in selection of the color schemes. And that you are not blundering in the selection or playing safe in your selection of schemes. Without proper training you may be left dumb folded as you are asked to select the colors. These steps will help you in spite of the lack of training in color selections.
Rule 1 to Choose Paint Colors for Ambiance:
Choose the right colors for the right Ambiance.
Choice of right colors creates the right mood and the right sentiments that are associated with colors, the following instances relate this idea.
- In a bed room you might want to use dark blue as a way to allow some one to sleep off, as they lie in bed.
- some area where the colors need to be bright and brilliant and others may
- Choosing earthy colors are generally safe and you do not go wrong with them.
- You may want to have a brilliant cheerful color for the kitchen .This will brighten the dreary and stressful work that goes in the kitchen.
- Children’s room may be brilliant use of Primary colors as these are the colors they are attracted to when they are young. Children’s eyes not fully developed ,the primary colors draws great attention to them.Children have an affinity to Primary colors. as for these reasons children tend to see or attracted to Primary.
- Young girls love pink, use colors which they are drawn too, so work around colors which they are comfortable with.
Rule 2 to Choose Paint Colors :
Choose the right colors for the right purpose as nature does, Color serves a function.,for instance
The flowers are red to draw the attention of the insects for pollination.,The naturally red lips of a girl draw attention of the best of the young man.The ripen red colors of fruits draws attention to attract bird
Nature colors calms the nerves
- Calm down the senses
The sky is blue as to calm the nerves, relax and settle the mind and a scene effect is created to rest the mind and the body.
What are the functions of color in building? colors serves a function to warn, draw attention or even to thwart dangers.Warning of danger, Red blood as a sign of danger or orange in fire, calling for immediate attention and action. As it draws much attention the Red is a good color to ward off dangers..Red colors draw much attention or creates alarm and if used in excess can cause stress to the eyes .
The beautiful colors in a butterfly serves as an beautiful and mind settling sight in the garden , but if you stretch out it wings you will see a NOT a beautiful colors is rather a face of an ugly MONSTER to threaten the birds ad predators. Hence you will note that colors serve a function to protect the animals and helps it survival ability.
From the above, use of red in wall ,ceilings or entrance of the house draws much attraction .The color selection for rest of the house could use a less radiant color. My architectural house design tends to be rich in colors as way to create comfort and balance with nature.
Rule 3 on how to Choose Paint Colors :
Colors in nature are good examples to study, observe and apply them into our homes,check out our house floor plans how we apply these principles.color combination in trees
- The combination of green and brown with a dash of red, yellow or purples is a color found in trees and nature, the proportion of these colors are a large amount of green with less of dark brown with a dash of the color of flowers. if this proportion is reversed as a lot of red with less of green, this combination can be uncomfortable combinations, These are fantastic color scheme even for homes but some time these strong colors may be good for children s spaces but not for interiors. but selecting these schemes for the exteriors may be good idea..
- Look carefully at your own face, whether your are racial background you may be note that the no of colors in your face, Eyes, lips are not merely one or two colors but a multitude of color , Let look at your lips for now, you will note the upper lip is darker than the lower, there is border around the lips, the is another range of abut 4 colors merely on the lips , let alone the eyes and the shades of the hair etc.This suggest that when selecting colors keep a wide range of colors, of varying shades to create an interest int he building. this is a good way of selecting colors for the building exteriors and the interiors.
- In nature the colors don’t exist in primary colors(red, blue and yellow) ,but neither secondary colors(missing of any of the 3 primary colors arise the purple, green, orange) but rather in tertiary colors(Tertiary colors are combinations of primary and secondary colors. There are six tertiary colors; red-orange, yellow-orange, yellow-green, blue-green, blue-violet, and red-violet.)therefore in selecting the colors schemes select a wide ranges of shade not in the primary range but in the tertiary range of colors.
- Another example of the tertiary range is the range of tertiary green in nature does not exist in on plain green, it has many shades of green .Just look at your garden of picture of a forest. Check out the, greens in the trees and leaves, the shades of green and the hues of green.
The Golden Rule 4 on how to Choose Paint Colors ::
Choose colors by Copying nature’s color schemes, they don’t go wrong..Check out the color schemes in the Butterflies and the Birds, the trees and the flowers and follow the patterns in nature and copy the protions if colors as they exist in nature and you would not go wrong
Concluding Golden Rule 5:
Many acceptable colors from nature are red and blue, brown and blue, white and black. A natural lining within the acceptable colors of nature with white or alternatively with black will enhance the color selection.
Final Concluding Rule 6
The final advise in selecting colors that there are colors that are modern and traditional choice.A traditional selection of colors will be gold with navy blue, or navy blue with mahogany brown, which is an acceptable colors selection even for this day and age.
A modern color range would be a shade of a color with a silver*( or alternatively a white lining ) lining in between .Another color range will be white, black and any shades of a color will be a successful color selection.
To make it really easy for the mind, use shades of grey with any Paint Colors of your favorite choice and you won’t go wrong. eg
- dark black, with grey and white lining
- dark black, with grey and red
- dark black, with grey and sliver /chrome lining
- dark black, with grey and blue
- dark black, with grey and blue
- whites with shades of grey
- whites with shades of blue
- whites with shades of red
In choosing a house plan choose well with the above consideration, you may want to check out – http://www.sda-architect.com for some great selection of Paint Colors choices in house floor plans and architectural house design.
Finally have great fun with Paint Colors selection and you can have lots of satisfaction in choosing the right colors and if you still lost with colors get a good bungalow architect to help out.Contact us at http://www.sda-architect.co
*1 pg 12 ,”Houses of the Founding Fathers “ by Hugh Howard and Roger Straus III